403(b)(9) Coming Soon!
Kingdom One 403(b)(9) associational retirement plan is an excellent alternative to other retirement programs. We are launching the 403(b)(9) associational retirement plan in April! If you are interested in finding out more, sign up to join our interest list, and a member of the HR Talent Group will schedule an appointment to get started.
HR Legal Update
SB 1162: Pay Transparency and Pay Data Reporting
SB 1162, went into effect on January 1, 2023. There are several key components to this new legislation:
- Employees will be able to receive the pay scale for their current position upon request to their employer.
- Job applicants will also now be able to request the pay scale of the position for which they are applying.
- Organizations will be required to maintain records of job titles and pay history for each employee during the duration of their employment and three years following termination.
- Additionally, organizations with 15 or more employees will need to include the pay scale for an open position on their job postings. Third parties used for recruitment will also be required to post the pay range.
- California Pay Data Reports are required of employers with at least 100 employees. These reports are to be submitted to the California Civil Rights Department (CRD) by May 10, 2023 and the second Wednesday of May each year thereafter. Pay data reports will need to include the median and mean hourly rate for each combination of race, ethnicity and sex of the employer’s workforce for each job category.
If you need help reviewing your ministry’s pay structure or would like to conduct a complete pay equity audit to evaluate the health of your compensation plans, Kingdom One is ready to support your ministry!
Opportunities to participate in Kingdom One’s compensation survey. Kingdom One is building a new compensation tool for ministries. It is a helpful, accurate, effective, and actionable compensation survey that will help ministries fairly compensate their employees based on your ministry’s size, community impact, and geographic location, among other data cuts. We need your partnership for this survey to be an actionable and helpful tool! We are looking for ministries of all sizes, denominations, ministry offerings, and locations to participate. Please complete the interest survey here if you are interested in helping us create this resource.